I am accidental social entrepreneur. My journey started when I wanted to connect my child to her birth country. I raised money for a library in her birth town and then learned the organization planting libraries had no sustainable source of funding. So, I started fund raising and providing strategic advice for them for five years raising close to half a million from regular people and mostly small donations.
But I felt like my impact could and should be bigger. I looked around for the type of organization that combined the best of business, technology, innovation and collaboration to work on the hardest challenges that if solved would have the biggest impact. I couldn’t find what I was looking for so I created it.
I founded Open Hearts Big Dreams Fund which is focused on increasing educational opportunities (literacy, tech and art) for kids in Ethiopia, her daughter’s birth country. OHBD Website: https://openheartsbigdreams.org/ We have published over 85 Ready Set Go Books –see our Author Page: https://www.amazon.com/Ready-Set-Go-Books/e/B07G171G1M and this great video about kids helping kids by creating books.
We believe innovation plus collaboration equals impact and we are testing our beliefs every day with projects and programs. We want to share our learning and insights to help other social entrepreneurs find solutions and resources to solve their complex challenges. See more from our recent trip to Ethiopia:
Social Entrepreneurs need the same tools and approaches that make traditional businesses successful. All the world’s challenges are solvable using innovation, collaboration and creativity.
If cost is a barrier, limited scholarships are available. Please contact us if you want to be considered.
- One (1) 1-hour session
- Best if considering if you should start an NGO and if so what does it take to get started; you have been asked to join a Board want to know if it is a good fit before you accept; your organization needs more funds and you want to know how to start successful fundraising efforts.
- Three (3) 1-hour sessions
- Sessions to be used within 60 days
- Up to 3 additional sessions available for $200/session
- Good for when you started an NGO and want to know how to focus your time and energy; you just joined a board and want on-going support to make sure you are supporting their mission and providing oversight; you are developing a strategic plan and want to know where to start and where to focus
- Eight (8) 1-hour session
- Sessions to be used within 120 days
- Up to 5 additional sessions for $175/hour
- Great choice if you are the NGO founder who wants on-going support on brand awareness, fund development and organizational management; or are a board member who wants real time advice in your efforts to make the organization more effective; or if you are a career changer who wants advice and counsel to move from a traditional role to a purpose driven career path
How do I know if I should start an NGO and if so what does it take to get started
I have been asked to join a Board; what do I need to know before I accept
My organization needs more funds. How do I start successful fundraising efforts.
I started an NGO and want to know how to focus my time and energy to develop an effective organization
I just joined a board and want on-going support to make sure I am supporting their mission and providing oversight.
I am developing a strategic plan for my organization and want to know where to start and where to focus
I am an NGO founder and want on-going support on brand awareness, fund development and on-going organizational management
I am on a board and want to on-going help in my efforts to make my organization more effective; current approach isn’t working well.
I want regular support as I transition from more traditional role to having a purpose driven career path